Sweet and Spicy Glazed Chicken
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) apricot jam
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4-6 oz/125-175 g each)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) snipped fresh cilantro
Place jam in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until melted; add lime juice and jalapeño pepper. Whisk until well blended; set glaze aside.
Combine chili powder and salt. Flatten chicken to an even thickness using flat side of Meat Tenderizer. Rub garlic over chicken; sprinkle evenly with chili powder mixture.
Lightly spray (12-in./30-cm) Skillet with vegetable oil; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken to Skillet; cook 5-7 minutes; turn. Cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, brushing evenly with glaze using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 1.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 27 g, Sodium 380 mg, Fiber 0 g