Classic Deli Wraps
- 1 container (8 oz/250 g) light cream cheese spread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 6 (10-in./25-cm) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 8 oz (about 12 slices) thinly sliced deli ham
- 3/4 cup (3 oz/175 mL) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
Using Medium Scoop, top each tortilla with a level scoop of cream cheese mixture; spread to within 1/4 inch of edge using Small Spreader. Cover with 1/4 cup lettuce, pressing lightly. Place two ham slices over lettuce. Grate 2 tablespoons cheese over ham using Rotary Grater. Top evenly with tomato, bell pepper and bacon.
Roll up each tortilla tightly. To serve, cut each wrap diagonally in half with Bread Knife.
- 6 servings or 24 sample servings servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 21 g, Sodium 1150 mg, Fiber 3 g
Mix and match ingredients to design your own wrap creation! Experiment with different flavors of flour tortillas such as spinach or sun-dried tomato. Spread tortillas with flavored soft cream cheese or hummus and top with your favorite greens. Layer your favorite deli meats and cheeses over the top. Sprinkle with vegetables such as thinly sliced red or green onions, chopped cucumber, alfalfa sprouts or shredded carrot. Roll up tightly and enjoy your tailored specialty!