Pork Pot Sticker Stir-Fry
Meals that use one pot are great for cleanup, and (bonus!) this one has tons of vegetables.
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) canola oil
- 24 frozen pork and vegetable pot stickers (about 1 lb/450 g)
- 8 oz. (250 g) ground pork
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1" (2.5-cm) piece fresh gingerroot, grated (1 tsp/5 mL)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 carrots, julienned or grated
- ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (8.75 oz./225 g) whole baby sweet corn, drained
- 8 oz. (250 g) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in the Nonstick Saute & Steam Pan for 2 minutes. Add the pot stickers. Cook until golden brown, about 6–8 minutes, turning frequently. Remove from the pan.
Add the pork, onions, gingerroot, and garlic to the pan. Cook over medium heat until cooked through, 3–4 minutes, breaking the pork into crumbles. Drain the fat, if necessary, and return the pork to the pan.
Add the carrots, bell pepper, corn, and snap peas. Cook until crisp-tender, 3–4 minutes.
Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Pour into the pan. Stir for 1 minute until heated through.
- Return the pot stickers to the pan. Cook and stir for 1 minute to heat through.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 790 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 4 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 16 g