Bountiful Brunch Pizza
Shredded hash brown patties form the crust of this hearty breakfast pizza. Topped with your favorite omelet ingredients, it's simply delicious.
- 1 package (24 oz./700 g) frozen shredded hash brown patties, thawed and broken apart or 4–5 cups (1–1.25 L) of sweet potatoes, cauliflower, or regular tater tots, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Tex-Mex Rub (or salt and pepper to taste)
- Egg Topping:
- 7 eggs
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) ham, chopped or cooked sausage, chorizo, or veggie crumbles
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh mushrooms, sliced or 1 jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) green onion slices
- ¼ cup (60 mL) green bell pepper, chopped
- 1½ cups (6 oz./170 g) cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
For crust, combine potatoes (or chosen veggie), egg, and rub (or salt and pepper) in a large bowl.
Spread the potato mixture into a 14-in (36-cm) circle on a prepared stone and pat down with the back of a spoon. Bake for 20 minutes; remove from oven.
For the egg topping, whisk eggs and milk in a small bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, stir, then microwave for an additional 3 minutes. Stir again, then spread the cooked egg mixture evenly over the potato crust. Top with meat or cooked veggie crumbles, jalapeno or mushroom slices, and the cheese.
Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
- 10 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Approximately 210 calories and 15 grams of fat per serving
Use the chorizo, Tex-Mex rub, jalapeno, and Colby Jack for a delicous Tex-Mex variation.