Crispy Oven Fried Vegetables
Here’s an easy remedy for fussy vegetable eaters. These attractive finger foods are delectable - especially with the Cool as a Cucumber Dip.
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoons (15 mL) skim milk
- 8-10 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups (750 mL) assorted fresh vegetables such as sweet potato, zucchini, eggplant, cauliflower, broccoli and mushrooms, cut into 1/4-in. pieces
Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Grate Parmesan cheese using Rotary Grater; combine with bread crumbs in Small Batter Bowl. Lightly beat egg white in small bowl using Stainless Whisk. Whisk in milk and hot pepper sauce. Dip each vegetable into egg white mixture then into crumb mixture to coat evenly; place in single layer on Large Round Stone with Handles. Lightly spray vegetables with vegetable oil. Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with Cool as a Cucumber Dip.
- 8-10 servings of 1/3 cup vegetables
Nutrients per serving:
Approximately 92 calories and 1 gram of fat