Heavenly Chocolate Almond Cake
- Canola oil for greasing pan
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced almonds, toasted (see cook's tips)
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) canola oil
- 1 pkg (15-16.5 oz/432-515 g) devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 jar (13 oz/375 g) chocolate almond spread or chocolate hazelnut spread (1 1/4 cups/300 mL)
Generously brush bottom and sides of Rockcrok® Dutch Oven with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.
Place 3 tbsp (45 mL) almonds in a small bowl; set aside. Process remaining almonds in Manual Food Processor until very finely chopped.
Place water, eggs and oil in Classic Batter Bowl. Whisk with Stainless Steel Whisk until well blended. Add cake mix; whisk until smooth. Stir in chopped almonds.
Spoon cake batter into Dutch Oven. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 12–14 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of Dutch Oven.
Using Silicone Oven Mitt Set, carefully remove Dutch Oven from microwave to Stackable Cooling Rack. Let stand 5 minutes.
Place chocolate spread in 2-cup (500-mL) Prep Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 45–60 seconds or until softened. (Do not overheat.)
Carefully invert cake onto serving platter. Spoon and spread warm chocolate spread evenly over top of cake, letting some drip down the sides (see cook’s tips). Sprinkle with reserved almonds. Serve warm with Slice ‘N Serve®.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5 g
To toast sliced almonds: