Cherry-Almond Angel Roll
- 1 pkg (16 oz/430-450 g) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) powdered or icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cherry preserves
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 4 cups (1 L) thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) almond extract
- 2-4 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz/102 g) white chocolate or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line Large Sheet Pan with an 18-in. (45-cm) piece of Parchment Paper. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter over parchment, spreading evenly. Sprinkle almonds evenly over batter. Bake 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip. Remove pan from oven.
Sprinkle sugar over cake. Place an additional piece of parchment over cake. Invert Stackable Cooling Rack over parchment. Carefully invert cake; remove pan and parchment from bottom of cake. Starting at short side, roll up cake in parchment, jelly-roll style. Cool completely.
Unroll cake and spread with preserves. In large bowl, combine sour cream, whipped topping, almond extract and food coloring, if desired; mix well. Add pudding mix; whisk until thickened. Spread filling over cake to within 1 in. (2.5 cm) of edge; roll up cake. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 450 mg, Fiber less than 1 g