Mom's Apple Crisp
Pumpkin isn't the only fabulous fall flavor! This easy apple recipe is made in the microwave, delicious, and ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 4-6 large Granny Smith apples
- 8 graham crackers, chopped
- ¾ cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) quick or old fashioned oats
- ½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
Peel, core, and slice the apples, then place them in a small microwave-safe pan.
Combine graham crackers, brown sugar, oats, flour, and cinnamon. Add butter; mix well. Spoon over apples.
Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender.
Cool slightly. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
- 6-8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 4 g