Mexican Wedding Cookies
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) pecans, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50 mL) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- Additional powdered sugar (about ¾ cup/175 mL)
Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. In a Small Batter Bowl, combine the flour, pecans, cinnamon, and salt; mix well and set aside.
In a Classic Batter Bowl, beat the butter and sugars on medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Add the vanilla; beat well. Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture; beat on low speed just until dry ingredients are incorporated.
Using a Small Scoop, drop level scoops of dough, 1" apart, onto a Rectangle Stone. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are set, but not brown. Remove the cookies to a Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 5 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, roll them in additional powdered sugar to coat. Cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- 4 dozen cookies servings of 2 cookies
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 100 mg, Fiber less than 1 g