Mini Apple Streusel Pies
- Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- Crusts & Filling
- 1 pkg (15 oz/350 g) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts), softened according to package directions
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 1 lemon
Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). For streusel topping, combine ingredients in small mixing bowl; mix until crumbly.
For crusts, unroll one crust onto lightly floured surface; roll to a 12-in. (30-cm) circle. Cut three 5 1/2-in. (14-cm) disks. Place disks into three of the Mini Pie Pans, pressing into bottom and up sides. Fold edges of crust under and flute. Repeat with remaining crusts and pans.
For filling, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in large mixing bowl; mix well. Thinly slice apples; cut apple slices in half. Zest lemon to measure 1/2 tsp (2 mL). Juice lemon to measure 2 tsp (10 mL). Add apples, zest and juice to sugar mixture; toss gently to coat. Layer apple mixture in pie pans; sprinkle with streusel topping. Arrange pie pans on Cookie Sheet. Bake 23-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crusts are golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- 6 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 370, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 240 mg, Carbohydrate 63 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g