Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte
- 1 pkg (18.25 oz/510 g) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated orange zest
- 1 container (8 oz/1 L) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) seedless raspberry jam, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) raspberries (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour Torte Pans; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter equally between pans. Bake 18-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean. Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely.
Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange zest in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake layer well-side up onto serving platter. Spread half of the filling over cake layer. Place raspberry jam in Prep Bowl; microwave on HIGH 10-20 seconds or until warm; whisk until smooth. Drizzle half of the jam over filling. Stack remaining cake layer on top of first, well-side up; spread with remaining filling. If desired, arrange raspberries over filling; drizzle with remaining jam.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 310 mg, Fiber less than 1 g