Lemon Splatter Cookies
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, softened (1 stick)
- ½ cup (125 mL) powdered sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) lemon extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- Decorating Icing
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) canned white frosting
- Food coloring, any color
* Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Add the butter, powdered sugar, and lemon extract to the Mixing Bowl. Stir with the Funny Face Kitchen Scraper until well blended. Stir in the flour until the mixture forms a dough. (The dough will be crumbly—you may need to use your hands!)
Move the dough to a well-floured surface. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin until it’s ¼” (6 mm) thick (see cook’s tips).
Lightly dip the Emoji Cookie Cutters into flour and use the flat sides to cut the dough into as many circles as you can. Twist to cut through the dough! Use the Nylon Turner to move the cookies to a cookie sheet. Collect the dough scraps and repeat.
* Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are light golden brown. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven to a cooling rack and cool for 2 minutes. Use the turner to move the cookies to a cooling rack (with waxed paper underneath it!) to cool completely.
* Put the frosting in the liquid Stackable Measuring Cup. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 30–45 seconds, or until it’s thin and runny.
To make different colors, pour a small amount of frosting into separate bowls. Add a couple drops of food coloring and use a spoon to mix well.
Spoon white frosting onto the cookie’s centers and spread it around. Immediately dip a fork into the colored icing and gently splatter or swirl cookies to make your own designs.
- 6-8 servings of 1 cookie
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 370, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 35 g, Protein 2 g
Make sure your dough is rolled out right. Use the middle ridge on the side of the cookie cutters as a guide!
Once your cookies are decorated and your frosting is dry, you can cover and store them at room temperature.
*Ask for an adult’s help