Zucchini Tapas Omelet
- 8 eggs
- 3 oz (90 g) Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8-1/4 tsp (.5-1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
Whisk eggs in bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cheese. Add oregano, salt, pepper flakes and garlic; mix well.
Lightly spray Executive (10-in./24-cm) Skillet (do not use Stainless cookware) with olive oil. Arrange zucchini over bottom of Skillet; sprinkle with onion. Cook without stirring over medium heat 2-3 minutes.
Carefully pour egg mixture over vegetables. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 12-14 minutes or until egg mixture is set in center. Remove Skillet from heat.
Loosen edges of omelet and carefully invert onto heat-proof serving platter. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and remaining cheese. Cut into wedges.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 120, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 220 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g, Protein 11 g, Sodium 320 mg, Fiber 1 g