Toasted Quinoa Energy Bites
Whether you're on the run from a work out or just need a quick snack or breakfast, these are your perfect to go bites!
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups (500 mL) instant or quick oats (see cook's tips)
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) honey or agave nectar
Heat 8” (20 cm) Executive Sauté Pan over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes. Toast quinoa 3-5 minutes or until starts to brown and pop, stirring occasionally. Remove quinoa to Classic Batter Bowl to cool slightly.
Place oats in Manual Food Processor; process until coarsely chopped.
Add oats and remaining ingredients to batter bowl. Mix well.
Place pan in freezer 8-10 minutes or in refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
Store bites in Leakproof Glass Container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- 24 servings of 1 bite
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 140, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 45 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g
Instant or quick oats work best in this recipe. If old-fashioned oats are used, bites will need longer to firm up in the freezer.