Mini Raspberry Muffins
These mini muffins are perfect for a light dessert or brunch!
- 1 cup (250 mL) flour
- ¾ cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- ⅛ tsp (.5 mL) salt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) freeze-dried raspberries (optional)
- butter for greasing or paper liners
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh raspberries
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- ½ cup (125 mL) powdered sugar
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz (125 g) mascarpone cheese
- additional raspberries for topping
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and mix until just combined (do not over mix). Gently fold in the freeze-dried raspberries (if using).
Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Invert and let cool completely.
For the topping, beat the ingredients until smooth, spread or pipe on to cooled cupcakes, top with additional raspberries, if desired.
- 24 mini muffins or 12 regular muffins servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 35 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 9 g (includes 9 g added sugar), Protein 2 g