Savory Vegetable Rice Pilaf
- 8 oz (250 g) mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked converted white rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen petite peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh parsley
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 1 oz (30 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup/50 mL)
Combine mushrooms, onion and butter in Rice Cooker Plus. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.
Add chicken broth and rice to cooker. Cover and microwave according to package directions, carefully following recommended power levels and cooking times.
Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids, lifting away from you. Gently stir in peas and parsley; season to taste with salt and black pepper, if desired. Spoon rice into serving bowl; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 6 servings of 1 cup
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 8 g, Sodium 540 mg, Fiber 2 g