Pan-Roasted Chicken & Vegetables
Our Large Bar Pan has ample space for roasting chicken breasts, potatoes and veggies, all at the same time. It’s a complete meal in one.
- 2 large unpeeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-in. (6-mm) slices
- 1 each medium zucchini, yellow summer squash and red bell pepper, cut into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) crushed dried rosemary, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) plus 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs/540 g)
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Cut potato slices crosswise in half. Place vegetables into large bowl; toss with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil, garlic, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the rosemary, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt and black pepper; mix well. Arrange vegetables around sides of Large Bar Pan or Shallow Baker, leaving center open.
Lightly beat egg in one Coating Tray. Combine bread crumbs, remaining rosemary and salt in another Coating Tray. Add remaining oil to crumb mixture; mix well. Dip chicken into egg and then into crumb mixture, coating completely. Place chicken in center of bar pan. Bake 22-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 40 g Sodium 850 mg, Fiber 6 g