Toasted Quinoa Energy Bites
Whether you're on the run from a work out or just need a quick snack or breakfast, these are your perfect to go bites!
- ¾ cup (175 mL) uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups (500 mL) instant or quick oats (see cook’s tips)
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup (125 mL) miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- ¾ cup (175 mL) creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) honey or agave nectar
Place oats in Manual Food Processor; process until coarsely chopped.
Add oats and remaining ingredients to batter bowl. Mix well.
Place pan in freezer 8–10 minutes or in refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
Store bites in 5 ¼–Cup Leakproof Glass Container in the refrigerator for 4–5 days.
- 24 servings of 1 bite
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 140, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 45 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g
Instant or quick oats work best in this recipe. If old-fashioned oats are used, bites will need longer to firm up in the freezer.
One bite is a snack and three bites make a great mini meal on the run!
You can make these ahead and freeze! Leave them out at room temperature for 1–2 hours to thaw.