Yellow Squash Soup
Here’s a beautiful, creamy summer squash soup perfect for the moment you realize you might have over-planted your garden.
- 1½ lbs. (700 g) yellow squash (about 2–3), chunked
- 1½ cups (375 mL) fresh corn kernels (2–3 ears)
- 1½ cups (375 mL) vegetable stock
- 1 green onion, white part only
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) coriander
- ¼ cup (60 mL) heavy cream
- To serve
- 1 oz. (30 g) Parmesan cheese, finely grated (½ cup/125 mL)
- 1 green onion, green part only, thinly sliced
- Fresh–cracked black pepper
Add the ingredients for the soup, except the add-in, to the Deluxe Cooking Blender and cook on "SOUP".
When complete, pulse in the add-in.
Serve with Parmesan, green onion, and pepper.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 130, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 580 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 3 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 6 g
If you don’t have fresh corn, you can use 1½ cups (375 mL) of frozen corn.