- 1½ lb (700 g) lean (90%) ground beef
- 1 pkg (1–1.25 oz/30–35 g) taco seasoning mix
- 1¾ cups (7 oz/200 g) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp (45 mL) water
- 2 pkg (8 oz /250 g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Optional toppings: salsa, shredded lettuce, chopped onion and tomato, sliced olives, and sour cream
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Cook the ground beef in a 10" (24-cm) Skillet over medium heat for 10–12 minutes or until it’s no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles, then drain. Transfer the beef to a Classic Batter Bowl. Stir in the taco seasoning mix, 1½ cups of the cheese, and water.
Unroll the crescent dough and separate it into 16 triangles. Arrange the triangles, slightly overlapping, in a circle on a Large Round Stone with the wide ends of the triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. There should be a 5" (13-cm)-diameter opening in the center of the stone. The narrow triangle points of dough will extend off the edge of the baking stone.
Using a Large Scoop, scoop the filling evenly over the dough in a continuous circle. Bring the points of triangles up over the filling and tuck them under the dough at center to form a ring. (Filling will show.) Brush the top with the egg white. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until it is golden brown. Serve with toppings.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 400, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 1100 mg, Fiber 1 g
Watch this video to get hints on assembling a ring.