Kids' Quick & Easy Fajitas
- 6 mini bell peppers (any color)
- ¾ cup (175 mL) frozen corn
- 12 oz (350 g) chicken breast tenderloins
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 8" (20-cm) flour tortillas
- ¾ cup (175 mL) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (50 mL) mild salsa
- ¼ cup (50 mL) reduced-fat sour cream
- *Use a Paring Knife to slice the stems off of the peppers. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the peppers into thin slices. Place the peppers and corn into the Mini Deep Covered Baker.
- Place the chicken into a medium bowl and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Place the chicken over the vegetables in the baker.
- *Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 6–8 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- *Remove the baker from the microwave, then stir the chicken and vegetables together. Slice the chicken into smaller pieces, if you need to.
- *Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel. Microwave on HIGH for 30–60 seconds, or until they’re warm.
- Spoon the chicken and vegetable mixture into the centers of the tortillas. Serve with cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 680 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 5 g, Protein 30 g
*Adult supervision required