Pressure Cooker Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Make Italian night any night of the week with this easy recipe thanks to the Quick Cooker.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. (450 g) chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Garlic & Herb Rub
- 1 jar (24 oz. or 650 mL) tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) uncooked penne pasta (8 oz./250 g)
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- ¼ cup (50 mL) seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1 oz. (30 g) Parmesan cheese, grated (½ cup/125 mL)
- ¾ cup (175 mL) mozzarella cheese, grated
Set the Quick Cooker to SEAR press START. Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in the inner pot for 3 minutes. In a small bowl, toss the chicken with the rub to coat.
- Add half of the chicken and cook uncovered for 5–7 minutes, stirring once, or until the exterior is browned (chicken will not be cooked through). Remove the chicken from the inner pot.* Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Press CANCEL.
Return the chicken to the Quick Cooker. Add the sauce, pasta, and water. Lock the lid and select the CUSTOM setting. Adjust the time to 5 minutes and press START.
When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Press the steam-release button to manually release the pressure.
Meanwhile, place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30–45 seconds, or until it’s melted. Stir in the panko and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 30–45 seconds, or until the crumbs are lightly toasted; stir.
Stir the Parmesan cheese into the pasta.* Top with mozzarella cheese and cover. Let it stand for 3–4 minutes. Top with toasted panko to serve.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (about 1 cup/250 mL): Calories 330, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 760 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 22 g
Safety Tip: *The stainless steel inner pot will be hot during and after cooking. Use a long-handled utensil when stirring and removing food.