Sous Vide Chicken & Avocado Salad
This simple and delicious salad recipe, developed by popular influencer Skinnytaste, uses sous vide cooking for tender, juicy chicken that’s perfect every time.
- 2 8-oz. (250-g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) Seasoning Salt
- 2 small avocados, diced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) red onion, chopped
- 1 ½ limes, juiced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
Fill the inner pot of the Deluxe Multi Cooker with water to the 1/2 fill line.
- Lock the lid and select SOUS VIDE. Set to 145°F (63°C) and the timer to 2 hours. Press and hold START.
Season the chicken with Seasoning Salt. Place in a single layer in a gallon-sized resealable bag, remove the air, and seal.
- When you hear three beeps and Add is displayed, open the lid and submerge the bag with the seal above the water. Lock the lid and press START.
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Remove the bag from the water. Remove the chicken from the bag.
- To make the salad, dice the chicken breast into small pieces and combine with remaining ingredients. Season with salt to taste.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 329, Total Fat 22.5 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 72.5 mg, Sodium 364.5 mg, Carbohydrate 7.5 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugars 1 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 25 g