Juiciest Roast Chicken
Our new Deep Covered Baker and flavorful seasoning mixture make roast chicken irresistibly moist.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) paprika
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1 whole chicken (3½-4½ pounds/1.6-2 kg)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C. Lightly spray the Deep Covered Baker with oil using the Kitchen Spritzer. Combine the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, and thyme in a 1-Cup (250-mL) Prep Bowl and mix well. Remove and discard the giblets and neck from the chicken cavity. Rinse the chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Trim the excess fat using the Professional Shears, if necessary. Tie the ends of the legs together with cotton string. Lift the wing tips up toward the neck, then tuck them under the back of the chicken.
- Brush the outside of the chicken with oil using a Chef's Silicone Basting Brush, then coat the chicken completely with the seasoning mixture. Place the chicken, breast side up, in the baker. Roast, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 180°F/82°C in the thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. Remove the baker from the oven and let the chicken stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- 4-6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 31 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 155 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 50 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 0 g
A 4-pound/1.8kg chicken will yield about 3 cups/750 mL of cooked meat.