Chicken Curry Stir-Fry Salad
A cool salad composed of crisp apples, dried cranberries and a delicate curry flavor is topped with a warm chicken mixture for one outstanding main dish.
- 1/2 lime
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) ranch salad dressing
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 mL) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweetened dried cranberries
- Chicken Mixture
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) toasted sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
For salad, using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer, core and slice apple, leaving peel on; cut into small pieces. Cut carrot into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler; cut strips into 2-inch pieces. Place spinach, apple, carrot, bell pepper, onion and cranberries in Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl; refrigerate until ready to serve.
For chicken mixture, flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness using flat side of Meat Tenderizer; cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Lightly spray Stir-Fry Skillet with canola oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken to skillet in a single layer. Cook without stirring 2 minutes or until chicken begins to brown. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; remove from heat. Add cilantro and 1/4 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
To serve, toss salad with remaining dressing. Top with chicken mixture and almonds and serve immediately.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber 2 g
To flatten chicken breasts, place them individually into a resealable plastic food storage bag and add 1 teaspoon of water. The water will keep the chicken from tearing and sticking to the bag.