Asparagus & Roasted Red Pepper Tart
- 1/2 pkg (17.3 oz/454 g) frozen puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 jar (7 oz) roasted red bell peppers, drained, patted dry (3/4 cup/175 mL)
- 3 oz (90 g) sharp white cheddar cheese (about ¾ cup/175 mL grated)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) Bell Pepper Herb Rub
- 8 oz (250 g) thin, fresh asparagus (26-28 spears), trimmed to 6 in. (15 cm)
- Black pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 400ºF (200°C). Unfold pastry onto generously floured Large Grooved Cutting Board. Using Baker’s Roller®, roll pastry into 16x12-in. (40.5x30-cm) rectangle. Fold pastry in half from short end; gently lift and place in Shallow Baker.
Unfold and stretch pastry into and partially up sides of baker. Using pastry tool of Baker’s Roller®, generously prick the pastry. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
Thinly slice bell peppers. Using Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater, grate cheddar cheese; set aside.
In Small Batter Bowl, whisk eggs. Add cheddar, ricotta and rub; whisk gently until well blended.
Remove baker from oven to cooling rack. Spread ricotta mixture over crust, leaving edges exposed. Arrange asparagus in two rows over ricotta, with tips facing out. Top with bell pepper. Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired.
Return baker to oven; bake 10-12 minutes or until ricotta mixture is set. Remove baker from oven; cool 10 minutes. Cut into 9 squares and serve warm.
- 6-8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 170, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 60 mg,
Sodium 450 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 8 g