This classic salad will be your next go-to for a party or get-together!
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- ¾ cup (175 mL) light ranch salad dressing
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Southwestern Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 lb. (450 g) chicken tenderloins
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) pitted ripe olives
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (125 mL) whole kernel corn
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 romaine heart (about 10 oz./300 g)
- Cut off the top of the jalapeño and cut it in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and finely chop.
- For the dressing, combine the jalapeño, ranch dressing, taco seasoning, and lime juice in a small bowl; whisk until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the Nonstick Double Burner Grill over medium heat for 3–5 minutes. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and grill for 3–4 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear. Remove to a bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut the olives in half using the Close & Cut. Cut off the top of the bell pepper and remove the seeds. Cut the bell pepper into chunks and place into the Manual Food Processor; process until coarsely chopped.
- Dice the avocado. Chop the lettuce with the Salad Chopper.
- In the 2-qt (2.3-L) Cool & Serve Bowl, combine the lettuce, olives, bell pepper, beans, corn, and chicken. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat. Top with the avocado.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 21 g, Sodium 770 mg, Sugars 4 g, Fiber 6 g
For best results, add the salad dressing right before serving.
Here's a short video showing how easily this salad comes together.