This saucy ravioli bakes along with the garlic bread in our Oval Baker. The tender, refrigerated pasta doesn’t even need precooking.
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 jar (26-28 oz/700 mL) spaghetti sauce
- 2 pkg (9 oz/250 g) each refrigerated ravioli (any flavor)
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water
- 12 French bread baguette slices (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 4 oz (1 cup/250 mL) mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup/50 mL)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop bell pepper and onion with Food Chopper. In (4-qt.) Casserole, heat olive oil over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering; add bell pepper, onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Cook 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce, ravioli and water. Bring to a boil.
Arrange bread slices, slightly overlapping, around edge of Baker and pressed slightly into ravioli mixture. Grate Parmesan cheese over bread and ravioli mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until ravioli is heated through and bread is crisp and deep golden brown.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 630, Fat 31 g, Sodium 1340 mg, Dietary Fiber 5 g
One package (25 ounces) frozen ravioli may be substituted for the refrigerated ravioli. Prepare as recipe directs.
Very long, thin French bread loaves are called baguettes. Slices from these thinner loaves can be arranged more easily around the edge of the Oval Baker.