Lemony Shrimp Scampi
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 16 large uncooked shrimp (21-25 per lb), peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
Heat oil in 10” (24-cm) Sauté Pan over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add shrimp; cook 20-30 seconds per side or until browned. Add parsley, pressed garlic and pepper flakes. Cook and stir 5-10 seconds or until fragrant. Remove shrimp from pan; set aside.
Using Chef’s Tongs, carefully wipe out pan with paper towel. Add wine and butter to pan. Bring to a simmer and cook 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp, lemon zest and black pepper; simmer 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
- 2 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 470, Total Fat 31 g, Saturated Fat 16 g, Cholesterol 240 mg, Sodium 1010 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 20 g