Cheddar & Chive Bubble Waffle BLT
This fun spin on a classic bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich uses a savory bubble waffle instead of bread.
- ¾ cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) milk
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped chives
- 2 oz. (60 g) cheddar cheese (½ cup/125 mL grated)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tomato
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- 6 slices crispy bacon
Whisk the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the egg, sugar, milk, and water.
Add the cheese and chives to the bowl. Gradually whisk until well combined. Then, whisk in the melted butter.
Spray each side of the Waffle Puff Pan with oil. Preheat the pan over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add ¾ cup (175 mL) of batter to the pan, filling in all the bubbles. Flip the pan over and cook for 2–3 minutes. Flip the pan again and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until the bubble waffle is golden brown. Remove the waffle with the Fork and let it rest for 1 minute.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread the mayonnaise onto one side of each bubble waffle. Layer the bacon, lettuce, and tomato, and top with the second bubble waffle. Cut into quarters before serving.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 6 g, Protein 16 g