Warm Bistro Chicken Salad
- 1 lb (450 g) “B” size red potatoes (about 2¼ in./5.5-cm in diameter), unpeeled
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) All-Purpose Dill Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 12 oz (350 g) fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-in. (5-cm) pieces
- 1 pkg (9 oz) torn romaine lettuce hearts (about 6 cups/1.5 L)
Lay each potato on its side and wedge with Veggie Wedger. In Small Batter Bowl, toss chicken with ¼ tsp (1 mL) of the salt and pepper.
Place potatoes in (12-in./30-cm) Skillet or Stir-Fry Skillet or All-Purpose Pot. Add enough cold water just to cover tops of potatoes. Cover; bring to a boil over medium heat.
Meanwhile, combine vinegar, mustard, seasoning mix, sugar, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, oil and remaining ½ tsp (2 mL) salt in Measure, Mix & Pour®. Mix well.
When potatoes reach a boil, remove lid and place (12-in./30-cm) Steamer Insert onto Skillet. Add green beans to one half of Steamer and chicken to other half, spreading out slightly.
Cook, covered, 8-11 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F (74°C) and green beans are crisp tender, stirring once halfway through cooking.
Turn off heat. Carefully lift Steamer and let water to drain into Skillet. Place Steamer on Small Easy Fit Silicone Cover to cool.
Drain potatoes in large Stainless Mesh Colander; cool 1-2 minutes. Place lettuce in Large Glass Mixing Bowl. Add green beans, chicken, potatoes, and dressing; toss with 3-Way Tongs. Serve warm.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 370 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 21 g