Chicken Piccata Pasta
This easy skillet meal uses angel hair pasta, lemon, and chicken for a fresh take on piccata.
- 1¼ lbs. (575 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" (2.5-cm) pieces
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) Lemon Pepper Rub
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 3 cans (14.5 oz./411 g each) 33% reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ medium onion
- 12 oz. (350 g) uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 lemon
- 2 oz. (60 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz./398 g) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- ¼ cup (60 mL) capers, drained and rinsed
- Optional: Chopped fresh parsley and grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Combine the chicken, rub, and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Heat the remaining oil in the Nonstick Saute & Steam Pan over medium-high heat for 2–3 minutes. Cook the chicken until it’s golden brown and cooked through, 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Meanwhile, pour the broth into a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave, covered, until it comes to a boil, 8–10 minutes.
Add the onion to the pan. Cook until the onion is fragrant, about 1 minute. Carefully add the broth and pasta to the pan. Cook until the pasta is tender, 7–8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Zest the lemon to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL). Juice the lemon to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL). Add the cream cheese, zest, and juice to the pan. Stir until the cream cheese is fully incorporated. Add the chicken and artichokes to the pan. Cook, covered, 1–2 minutes or until heated through.
Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the capers. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if you’d like.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 440, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 1,410 mg, Carbohydrate 53 g, Fiber 6 g, Sugars 4 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 35 g