Warm Chocolate Mini Cakes
Surprise! These pretty cakes hide a luscious chocolate filling inside.
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, slightly softened
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) hot water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Double-Strength Vanilla
- 2 tsp (10 mL) powdered sugar
- Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. For filling, combine cream cheese and sugar in Stainless (2-qt.) Mixing Bowl using Small Mix 'N Scraper®. Grate chocolate using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater; stir into cream cheese mixture. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with filling and set aside.
For cupcakes, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl using Stainless Whisk. Place butter in (1-cup) Prep Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or just until melted. Whisk egg in second Prep Bowl. Combine hot water and instant coffee in Easy Read Measuring Cup. Whisk butter and egg into dry ingredients. Add coffee and vanilla; whisk until smooth.
Using Large Scoop, place one level scoop of batter into each well of pan. Pipe about 1 teaspoon filling into center of each cupcake. Bake 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into cakes comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto Stackable Cooling Rack; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Meanwhile, combine chocolate morsels and cream in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each 30-second interval. For each serving, spoon about 1 tablespoon sauce onto serving plate; top with cake.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 310, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 180 mg, Fiber 1 g