Simple Shortbread Buttons
- 1/2 cup (1 stick/ 125 mL) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon (.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) powdered sugar
In Classic Batter Bowl, combine butter and sugar with Bamboo Spoon until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually stir in flour and salt until smooth. Form into a ball.
Place powdered sugar in Flour/Sugar Shaker. Dust a 15-inch (38 cm) piece of Parchment Paper with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Transfer dough onto Parchment Paper; shape into an 8-inch (20.5 cm) log. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) . Cut cookies into 1/2-inch(1 cm) slices using Crinkle Cutter. Place on Rectangle Stone. Bake 20-22 minutes. Cool 3 minutes on Baking Stone; remove to Stackable Cooling Rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Cool completely. Sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar.
- about 2 dozen servings of 1 cookie
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 60, Total Fat 4 g, Sodium 50 mg, Fiber 0 g