Lemon-Glazed Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Combine flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder in medium mixing bowl. Add butter, egg, water and extract. Beat on medium speed of electric hand mixer 30-45 seconds or until a soft dough forms.
Using Medium Scoop, scoop out 16 level scoops of dough onto Stoneware Cookie Sheet, spacing 1 in. (2.5 cm) apart. Bake 17-19 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove from oven. Cool cookies 10 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to Stackable Cooling Rack. Cool completely.
Meanwhile, for icing, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest in small mixing bowl; mix well. Drizzle icing over cooled cookies.
- 16 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 190 mg, Fiber 0 g