Glazed Honey Cake
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) honey
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped peeled Granny Smith apples (about 2 medium)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) orange zest
- 1 cup (250 mL) powdered sugar
- 3-4 tsp (15-20 mL) orange juice
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Spray Stoneware Fluted Pan or 11-cup (2.8-L) Tube Pan with canola oil using Kitchen Spritzer. For cake, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl; set aside.
In large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed of electric mixer. Add sugar, honey, oil and coffee; beat until smooth. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined. Fold in apples and zest. Pour batter into pan.
Bake 1 hour, 10 minutes to 1 hour, 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center of cake comes out clean.
Cool cake in pan 10 minutes. Loosen from sides and center tube. Invert onto cooling rack and cool completely. Combine frosting ingredients and spread over cooled cake. Cut cake into slices and serve using Slice ‘N Serve®.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 53 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 230 mg, Fiber less than 1 g