Very Berry Kuchen
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter or margarine
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh berries such as raspberries, blueberries or blackberries
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly spray Square Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Combine flour and brown sugar in large bowl. Cut in butter using Pastry Blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside 1/2 cup (125 mL) for topping. Add baking powder, cinnamon and salt to remaining flour mixture. In small bowl, whisk egg and milk; add to flour mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Pour batter into baker; sprinkle with berries and reserved flour mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; serve warm.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 2 g