Get together, share this holiday cocktail, and put a new spin on tradition.
- 1 bottle (750 mL) dry rosé wine (see cook’s tip)
- 1 cup (250 mL) cranberry juice cocktail (see cook’s tip)
- ½ cup (125 mL) orange juice
- ½-1 tsp (2-5 mL) Cinnamon Plus™ or five-spice powder (see cook’s tip)
- Optional: Sliced blood orange
Pour the wine into a large, zipper-sealed freezer bag. Freeze overnight, or until the wine is frozen. The alcohol won’t freeze in the wine, so it’ll look like a thick slush.
Combine the cranberry juice cocktail, orange juice, and spices in a small bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Pour the juice mixture into the pitcher of the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Add the frozen wine and blend on CUSTOM, speed 6, until fully incorporated, about 10 seconds. (Don’t over-blend—this will cause the wine to melt.)
Pour evenly into glasses, garnish with a slice of blood orange (optional), and serve.
- 4 servings
The combination of dry rosé with fruit juice gives this refreshing drink the perfect amount of sweetness.
Use cranberry juice cocktail and orange juice that’s not from concentrate for the best results!
Use pumpkin pie spice or another baking spice blend to add a fun fall twist.