Refried beans and cheddar cheese make this Southwest-inspired layered dip a crowd favorite at any party.
- Guacamole Layer:
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- Remaining Layers:
- 1½ cans (14–16 oz./295–450 mL each refried beans
- ¾ cup (175 mL) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Tex-Mex Rub or taco seasoning
- 1½ cups (375 mL) thick and chunky salsa
- 6 oz. (175 g) cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (1½ cups/375 mL)
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) black olives, sliced
Combine the guacamole ingredients in the Manual Food Processor until smooth.
Spread the beans on the bottom of the Rectangular Cool & Serve. Spread the guacamole over the beans.
Combine the sour cream and seasoning in a small bowl. Spread over the guacamole. Add the remaining ingredients in the order they’re listed.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 660 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Fiber 7 g, Sugars 2 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 9 g