Use & Care
Manual Food Processor:
Use and Care
- Remove sticker on lid. Wash prior to first use; vessel and blades are dishwasher-safe. Lid is hand wash only; do not submerge in water. Do not disassemble lid.
To Process Food
- Remove lid. Carefully place blade post onto the center pole of the vessel. Blades are sharp. Keep fingers and thumbs away from blades.
- Place ingredients in the vessel.
- Larger foods, such as onions or tomatoes, should be cut into quarters or eights prior to placing in the vessel. Longer foods, such as carrots or celery, should be cut into ½" (1-cm) pieces.
- Chop firmer food items first before adding softer foods. Firmer foods include onions, peppers, carrots or celery. Softer foods include tomatoes or hard boiled eggs.
- Place lid onto vessel. Blade post must be centered for proper lid attachment. Lid does not lock into place. Unlock handle by sliding button in direction of arrow (review illustration 1).
- To pump handle, place palm of working hand over circular end of handle. Place opposite hand on lid, ensuring hand is placed away from handle (review illustration 2). Push downwards to start processing. First couple of pumps may require more force to initiate cutting or mixing; increase pumping speed as needed to finely chop or mix foods. As needed, scrape down side walls to ensure even mixing and chopping. Continue to pump until desired consistency is achieved.
5. Once desired consistency is reached, remove lid and carefully remove blade post by holding onto the top of the post. Remove food from vessel with a scraper.
- If blades are not rotating, remove lid and check blade; blade post must be centered for proper attachment to the underside of the lid.
- Overfilling may cause more resistance and inconsistency with cut size. Add food in batches if too much resistance is felt.
- If a piece of food becomes wedged in the blade, remove lid, secure top of post with finger and use a fork to dislodge food. If necessary, completely remove blade post. Do not use fingers to dislodge food.
- Works well to quickly chop herbs, such as parsley, basil, mint, cilantro, sage or oregano.
- Great for blending to create dips, flavored cream cheese or butter spreads. For best results, use softened cream cheese or butter.
- Create quick coatings and crumb crusts by finely chopping tortilla chips, crackers, creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies or graham crackers.
- Easy to make egg or tuna salad. For best results, add condiments at the end of processing.
- Great for making streusel toppings. For best results, cut chilled butter into ½" (1-cm) pieces and continue as directed.
- Makes quick baby food by pureeing cooked squash or sweet potatoes.
- Not intended for chopping hard spices, candies, chocolate or ice. This can damage the product and void the guarantee.
- Not microwave-safe.
- 5-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.
Made in China
Manual Food Processor Storage Lid:
- Wash prior to first use; dishwashersafe top rack only.
- Lid is not microwave- or freezer-safe. Lid is not designed to be leakproof.
- For stubborn food odors, use a baking soda paste. Mix ½ cup (125 mL) baking soda with 3 tablespoons (45 mL) water. Apply paste to lid and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse and towel dry.
- Always remove blade post prior to storing food in the Manual Food Processor Bowl.
- Five-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.
Made in China