- 16 slices French bread, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) prepared basil pesto
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 block (4 oz/125 g) mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp (1/2 oz/30 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) snipped fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place bread slices on Large Round Stone with Handles. Lightly spray with olive oil using Kitchen Spritzer; bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
Spread pesto evenly over toasted bread slices. Top each bread slice with one tomato slice. Slice mozzarella cheese into 16 slices (about 1/4 inch/6 mm thick) using Serrated Knife; place over tomato slices. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges of bread are light golden brown and cheese begins to melt; remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle Parmesan cheese and basil over crostini; serve warm.
- 16 crostini
16 servings of 1 crostini
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 130, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 1 g