Warm Veggie Dip
- 4 oz (125 g) part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 cup/250 mL grated)
- 4 oz (125 g) ⅓ less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- ¾ cup (175 mL) roasted red pepper hummus
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Bell Pepper Herb Rub
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 6 oz (175 g) fresh broccoli florets
- 3 whole wheat pita bread rounds
- 2 large red bell peppers
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grate the mozzarella cheese with the Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater. In the Classic Batter Bowl, combine the mozzarella, cream cheese, hummus, rub, hot pepper sauce (optional), and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well.
Cut the carrots into pieces. Finely chop the carrots and broccoli with the Food Chopper. Add the vegetables to the batter bowl; mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the center of the Shallow Baker; spread evenly to within 2 in. (5 cm) from the edge of the baker.
To prepare the pita chips, stack the pita bread and cut it in half with the Pizza & Crust Cutter. Cut each half into 4 triangles. Arrange the pitas pieces around the dip.
Bake for 17–19 minutes or until the pitas are crisp and the dip is hot.
Remove the baker from the oven to a Stackable Cooling Rack. Arrange the bell pepper strips in between the pita chips.
- 24 servings of 2 tbsp/30 mL dip/1 pita chip and 1 bell pepper strip
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 70, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g
You may substitute plain hummus for the red pepper hummus.