Grilled Loaded Nachos
Grilling these nachos adds a smokiness that deepens all the flavors!
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh corn kernels
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 pkg (14 oz or 397 g) tortilla chips
- 2 pkg (8 oz/227 g each) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese (4 cups/1 L)
- 1 can (15 oz or 540 g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, diced avocado or chopped fresh tomatoes (optional)
Preheat grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
Combine vegetables and oil in large bowl; toss to coat. Spread vegetable mixture on Rockcrok Grill Stone. Grill, covered, 14-16 minutes without stirring, until charred. Remove Grill Stone from grill. Transfer vegetables to same mixing bowl; set aside.
Layer half of the chips, cheese, black beans, and vegetable mixture on Grill Stone; repeat layering. Grill nachos, covered, 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted; remove Grill Stone from grill.
Sprinkle with cilantro. Top with additional toppings, if desired.
- 14 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 360, Total Fat 20g, Saturated Fat 8g, Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 500mg, Carbohydrate 35g, Fiber 4g, Protein 13g
You may substitute 2 cups (500 mL) frozen corn kernels, thawed, for fresh.