Veggie Nacho Supreme
- 8 cups (2L) Tortilla chips
- 1 plum tomato
- 1 lime
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 8 oz (250 g) Montery Jack Cheese
- ¾ cup (175 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (125 mL) pickled jalapeño rings
- 1 can (2.25 oz/ 64 g) or (1/2 cup/ 125 mL) black olives, sliced and drained
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cilantro
- Optional toppings: sour cream, gaucamole, salsa
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Arrange the tortilla chips in a slightly overlapping layer on the Large Round Stone.
- Combine tomato, lime juice, bell pepper and green onions in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Top the chips with half of the cheese, black beans and vegetable mixture. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Remove the stone from the oven. Top the nachos with pickled jalapeño rings, olives and cilantro. Serve with optional toppings, if desired.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 190, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 6 g
These nachos are easily customizable and a great way to use what’s on hand in your fridge. Try with other veggies like corn, zucchini, or red onion.