Pad Thai Sauce
Who knew homemade pad thai was so easy! This easy sauce goes well on veggie or rice noodles!
- 1 1" (2.5 cm) piece fresh gingerroot, peeled (1 tbsp/15 mL grated)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) smooth cashew, almond or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried red pepper flakes (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in Manual Food Processor; process until well blended, scraping down the sides as needed.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)
4 servings of 3 tbsp (45 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 210, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6 g
This easy-to-make sauce pairs well with veggie or rice noodles topped with bean sprouts, chopped peanuts and chicken or shrimp.