Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Fries that taste too good to be true—they’re low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free. Air frying creates a great fried taste with just a spritz of oil.
- Zucchini Fries
- 2 small zucchinis, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tbsp (15mL) seasoning of your choice (see cook's tips)
- ½ cup (250 mL) almond flour
- ½ cup (250 mL) tapioca starch (see cook's tips)
- Oil for spritzing
- Simple Aioli
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
Cut the zucchini using the fry cut setting on the No. 8 thickness of the Rapid-Prep Mandoline. Toss the zucchini with the seasoning in a medium bowl and let stand for 5 minutes (see cook’s tips). Drain the liquid from the zucchini.
- Combine the almond flour and tapioca starch in a shallow bowl. Working in batches, toss the zucchini in the flour mixture (your hands will work best for this part!). Shake off the excess flour from the zucchini.
Spritz the Deluxe Air Fryer trays with oil, transfer the zucchini to the trays, and spritz the zucchini liberally with oil. Place the trays on the top and bottom racks. Cook on "AIR FRY" for 15 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through.
Meanwhile, combine the aioli ingredients in a small bowl. Serve the zucchini fries with the aioli.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 180, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 2 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 3 g
We love using Salt & Vinegar Seasoning with the fries, but our Garlic & Herb Rub, Three Onion Rub, or Lemon Garlic Rub are all great options, too! Tapioca starch, also called tapioca flour, is a grain-free alternative to cornstarch. If you can’t find it in your store, then cornstarch, arrowroot starch, or arrowroot flour work great as well. The salt in the seasoning draws the moisture out of the zucchini, helping it stay crispy. If your seasoning is salt-free, add ½ tsp (2 mL) of salt. Eat these fries immediately for maximum crunch or cook on "REHEAT" for 5 minutes!