- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups (500 mL) soaking water
- 3 cups (750 mL) blending water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) agave (optional seasoning)
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) vanilla (optional seasoning)
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt (optional seasoning)
Soak the shredded coconut in the soaking water for four hours.
Add the coconut, blending water, and seasonings to the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Replace and lock the lid. Turn the wheel to select the ALT MILK setting; press the wheel to start.
Strain the mixture through the strainer bag into a bowl and chill before serving.
The coconut fat rises to the top once it’s chilled. You can remove the fat and use it for cooking.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (1 cup/250 mL): Calories 50, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 50 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 0 g
Do not drain the soaking liquid. You will add the soaking water to the pitcher as well as the coconut.
Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.