Sun-Dried Tomato Tart Squares
This simple appetizer offers flavors reminiscent of rustic Italy.
- 2 pkg (8 oz/235 g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 jar (8 oz/210 mL) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and patted dry, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Garlic & Herb Rub
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Unroll one package of crescent dough across one end of Large Bar Pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Using Baker's Roller®, roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides. Trim excess dough with Utility Knife. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Whisk until smooth with Stainless Whisk. Add eggs; whisk until combined. Using Food Chopper, chop artichokes. Place artichokes into (5-in./13-cm) Strainer; press to remove excess liquid. Coarsely chop tomatoes with Chef's Knife. Add artichokes, half of the tomatoes, half of the cheese, rub, Parmesan, salt and black pepper to cream cheese mixture; mix with Small Mix ‘N Scraper® until well blended.
Remove bar pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Using Small Spreader, spread artichoke mixture evenly to edges of crust; top with remaining tomatoes. Bake 8-10 minutes or until center is set. Remove bar pan from oven. Sprinkle tart with remaining cheese and parsley, if desired. Cut into squares with Pizza Cutter and serve with Mini-Serving Spatula.
- 24 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 340 mg, Fiber 1 g