Use & Care
- • Please read all instructions. Save these instructions.
- • Not intended for use by or near children or persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge.
- • Always use oven mitts and two hands on the handle when handling this product.
- • This product is not intended to remove bakeware or stoneware from the oven.
- • Do not leave the peel in the oven or on other sources of heat. This may damage the product or cause a thermal event.
- • Do not use the peel to cook in the oven.
- • Do not use on open flames.
- • Use caution when using product and be aware of surroundings, to prevent personal injury or damage to property.
- • Never scrape the peel directly on a countertop.
- • Do not use the peel as a cutting surface. Cutting will leave marks.
- • Wash before using for the first time; hand wash only. Don’t submerge or soak.
- • To remove odors, cut a lemon in half and dip it in kosher or table salt. Rub the surface of the peel with the lemon and let sit for 2–3 minutes. Wipe the board clean with a damp cloth. Remove any excess moisture then stand on its side to air dry.
USE AND CARE
- • Subtle color variations may occur due to the natural material and the handcrafting process.
- • To keep the wood from drying, use a food-grade oil, wax, or conditioner designed for cutting boards. Follow the instructions for application.
- • Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
- 1. On a separate surface, roll the dough into a circle up to 12" (30-cm) in diameter.
- 2. For the best results, generously sprinkle cornmeal over the entire peel.
- 3. Transfer the dough to the peel. To more easily move the dough onto the peel, fold into quarters and unfold once on the peel.
- 4. Add sauce and toppings to the pizza.
- 5. With a back and forth motion, slide the pizza onto the cooking surface.
- 6. To remove the pizza after cooking, slide the peel under the pizza.
Tip: Some recipes may call for pre-baking the crust (parbaking). In that case, add the toppings after pre-baking.
Tip: Have your oven and pizza stone preheated and your toppings ready to go before transferring your pizza dough to the peel. Letting the dough sit on the peel for too long could cause it to absorb the cornmeal and stick to the peel.
One-year guarantee for noncommercial use.
Made in China