Use & Care
- Boil-over guard
- Wash before using for the first time; dishwasher-safe when placed away from the heating element.
USE AND CARE
- Unlock the locking tabs on the lid. CAUTION AFTER COOKING: Remove the lid slowly away from your face and body to release the steam.
- Lift lid the toward you slowly, allowing the remaining steam to escape away from you.
- If the boil-over guard is still in the base, insert a utensil in the center hole and lift the plate toward you to remove.
- Press the boil-over guard into the lid to connect them.
- Position the lid tabs over the grooves in the handles of the base.
- Lift the locking tabs into the locked position.
- If you have multiple Micro-Cookers, you can nest them for easy storage. Just snap the tabs on the bottom of the lid to the top of the handles.
- When cooking foods that may splatter, close and lock the lid.
- When using a microwave with inverter technology and cooking less than 2 cups (500 mL) of liquid, reduce the cooking time at MEDIUM (50% power) by 5 minutes. Follow your microwave oven manufacturer’s guidelines regarding power adjustments.
- When melting butter or margarine:
- Do not allow margarine or butter to bubble or boil.
- Remove from the microwave before the butter is completely melted. The residual heat will finish your melting.
- Generally, ½ cup (125 mL) of butter melts in 40–45 seconds on HIGH.
- When cooking foods that are high in fat or sugar, check them frequently to prevent overheating. These types of food can discolor the surface of the product if overheated.
- Do not brown rice in the Micro-Cooker®. Always cook rice with liquid.
- Do not use this product for popcorn.
TO COOK RICE THAT HAS MICROWAVE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Do not use product when a glass casserole dish is specified in the directions.
- Refer to microwave manufacturers’ instruction manual for more information on cooking other foods.
- Place the rice and water in the Micro-Cooker®. Put on the lid.
- Place the Micro-Cooker® in microwave and follow the package directions to begin cooking. Microwave ovens vary; adjust times and power levels as needed, beginning with shorter cooking times.
- Remove from microwave with heat-resistant oven mitt or pad.
TO COOK RICE THAT DOES NOT HAVE MICROWAVE INSTRUCTIONS:
- If directions are not available, we recommend the following the directions below as an approximate guideline. Microwave ovens vary; cook time is approximate. Different brands may vary in cook time.
|Rice or Grain||Directions|
|Standard White, Long-Grain Rice|
- Combine 1 cup (250 mL) of uncooked white rice and 2 cups (500 mL) of water in the 3-qt. (3-L) Micro-Cooker®.
- Microwave on HIGH for 12–15 minutes, or until cooked.
- Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
- Combine 1 cup (250 mL) of uncooked brown rice and 3 cups (750 mL) of water in the 3-qt. (3-L) Micro-Cooker®.
- Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes; stir.
- Continue to cook on medium (50%) power for 20 min or until all the water is absorbed.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
- Combine 1 cup (250 mL) of uncooked quinoa and 2 cups (500 mL) of water in the 3-qt. (3-L) Micro-Cooker®.
- Microwave on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
- One-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to website or sales receipt for details.
Made in USAGuarantee